Sunday, February 22, 2015

Landscape of Dreams, Harnessed, Implemented, Maintained

The Landscape is dry, gray, and wintry, although the season has been unpredictably warm and Springy. My thoughts wander to garden planning, crops to plant now so that we will be able to harvest them in months to come. The herbaceous shrubs and crocuses are greening up in landscaping areas across the city. I dream of those landscaping plots converted to low-maintenance, colorful, edible enhanced ecosystem-mimickers! These are places where people can come together to share common abundance of resources. As I dream, I plan. I measure. I discuss and design. The meeting last week provided a boost of information and access to amazing resources.

This week I hope to pull together design iterations, compile resources and calculate costs. Soon enough, the soils will support roots and vertical structures will provide lab space for the curious and creative minds in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment